Our founder, Michael Kelly has practiced law in South Carolina for 40+ years. He has spent his entire career working hard to protect the rights of South Carolinians and build a better, more just community. Mike is highly experienced in personal injury, workers compensation, disability, insurance litigation and handling professional liability claims. He combines his knowledge of law with a compassionate approach to each client.
Taking Time to Give Back
In addition to his legal career, Mike believes in giving back to the community and is heavily involved in numerous charitable and community service organizations. His past involvement includes many offices in the Richland County Bar and South Carolina Bar and he served as President of both of these organizations.
He also served on or is currently serving on the following boards:
- Central Carolina Community Foundation
- New Morning Foundation
- Board of Directors of the Glenforest School
- University of South Carolina School of Law Building Campaign, Co-Chair
- Cultural Council of Richland Lexington Counties
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Richland County Airport Commission, Commissioner
- Gills Creek Watershed Association, Committee Chair
- Friends of the University of South Carolina School of Music, Board Member
- Boy Scouts of America Indian Water Council, Executive Board Member
- MIRCI (Mental Illness Recovery Center Incorporated), Board Member
Mike has a reputation for outstanding community service. His highly regarded qualities of civic leadership have earned him the respect and affection of fellow South Carolinians.
He is the recipient of notable community awards:
- Mike Kelly was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2019 in the field of Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants.
- Myrtle Beach Herald's Personal Injury Attorney of the Year
- Public Citizen Award from the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
- The Compleat Lawyer Award from the University of South Carolina
- Outstanding Alumnus Award from the University of South Carolina Department of Arts and Sciences
- Boy Scouts of America Whitney M. Young, Jr. Service Award
- Legal Elite of the Midland Award for Personal Injury
- Civic Star Award from the Richland County Bar Association
- John W. Williams, Jr. 2020 Distinguished Service Award from the Richland County Bar Association
Mike extends humanity, warmth, and concern to all people. He is a role model and influential member of the community.
Mike is a long time active member of his beloved church, St. Martin-in-the-Fields Episcopal Church.